Custom Portraits

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Listen, ooo wa ooo....do you wanna know a secret..."


This was painted alla prima! All at once, no layers, no drying time in between!!!!
I have always wanted to reach a place in the craft of painting watercolor where I might
be able to do this successfully. Lots more practice, but this was fun!

One of my gerber daisy pots I brought indoors to paint...
it's still cold and rainy outside here in the Pacific Northwest.

I see one of the daisies about to open is pressed against
another daisy (see closeup photos above)... and I am
pretty sure he's whispering in her ear...

"Listen, ooo wa ooo,
Do you want to know a secret, ooo wa ooo,
Do you promise not to tell, whoa oh, oh....

Closer, ooo wa ooo
Let me whisper in your ear, ooo wa ooo,
Say the words you long to hear,
I'm in love with you......"
the Beatles

Available in my Etsy Shop!

9 comments:

Lauren Maurer said...

That is good stuff! Hey, what kind of scanner do you use? That close up is amazazing - love the colors all happy together!

Alisa said...

thankyou my friend! Acer scanner:)

Bei Tesori Boutique's Blog said...

You're an amazing, amazing artist. GORGEOUS work. Kudos for you! Love it all. :)

Alisa said...

wow, thankyou so much Bei! I work at it:)

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
As my hubby and I were checking out your blog, he leaned over and started singing that tune in my ear. The love is spreading like wildflowers!

Thanks,
Rae

Spinneretta said...

lovely :)

Alisa said...

Rae, what more could I ask for!!!

Spinnaretta, thankyou:)

Galya said...

Beautiful, gentle and soft.
Regards

Alisa said...

hello Galina, thankyou:)