Custom Portraits

Monday, July 28, 2008

StarGazers



I am always surprised at how I feel when I sell a painting, sometimes I'm excited to get it shipped to the customer, but sometimes I feel a little tug at my heart strings and I really don't want to part with it just yet. That's how I felt about this painting of the stargazers when I was packaging it for shipping.

in a letter to my client: "I painted this last year from life, these pretty flowers lit up the corner of my room and smelled just gorgeous... the perfume wafted through my entire house. The white flowers that are tucked into the bunch are from my imagination, the more I paint, the less I'm inclined to stay "true" to the subject even when I start out that way. I like to think it's the artist in me that sneaks out while I am focusing on the craft of painting."

3 comments:

Di Fitá said...

wow......... so beautiful.... soft, delicate...

t c

melissa from Brazil

Alisa said...

hello melissa, thankyou!

Bee Skelton said...

I'm not surprised that you didn't want to part with this piece :) It's beautiful!